repository river: 9 branches, 7 active?

Sascha L. Teichmann sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Wed Sep 11 10:58:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

some remarks about the branches.

On 10.09.2013 09:34, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Hi friends of the d4e development,
>
> just saw that we have 7 active branches in our repository. Are they
> really all active or shouldn't we close most of them? (with hg
> commit --close-branch)
>
> In the future I hope we can use the simpler way of cloning the
> repository for each branch instead of kepping the in one
> repository.
>
> hg sum parent: 6978:3bff11208d3d tip hg branches default
> 6978:3bff11208d3d

The main development branch.

> double-precision            6935:a442cab85198

A branch maintained by Tom Gottfried to address some
problems which are the introduced by the NUMERIC type
in the Oracle schema. Should be joined into the default
branch "if we have time" (tm).

> longitudinal-symmetry       6799:372c255714df

Some experiments around the problem that we
want to load all data along the rivers into one diagram.
I don't know the state of this. Maybe this can be closed.
Tom might know more about this?!

> interaktive-karte           5815:2aabd9752d5e

Please, close it, Bernhard! Your pet feature is already
in production.

> mapgenfix                   5379:61bf64b102bc

Some experimental refactoring about map generation created
by Christian Lins. IMHO it could be closed, but wait
till Andre has returned to do a short eval.

> slt-simplify-cross-sections 5084:ca45dd039b54

The feature of simplifying cross section data when
they are imported. Nice, but currently of no use.
I'm still indecisive what to do with it. Simply
merging it will do no harm and offers the opportunity
to so some significant data reductin when creating a
"demo" dataset.

> dc-km-filter                4917:c499201a30a3 dc-km-filter-rr
> 5015:86e79fbb8fa3 (inactive) facets-slt
> 703:af3b5d9e91a4 (inactive)

They are all dead, Jim.

> Best, Bernhard