[Gpg4win-devel] [Gpg4win-commits] r246 - trunk/doc/website

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Apr 3 10:20:37 CEST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 16:23, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Freitag, 31. März 2006 12:50 schrieb scm-commit at wald.intevation.org:
> > Author: jan
> > Date: 2006-03-31 12:50:44 +0200 (Fri, 31 Mar 2006)
> > New Revision: 246
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/doc/website/template_header.m4
> > Log:
> > Added missing </tr>
>
> BTW: The closing tag of TR is optional  according to HTML 4.01 spec.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.5

Known. We used a HTML checker.

> I really like to leave out many of those optional closing tags
> as they are superfluous.

true, but ...

> The past there have been some browsers that were so badly
> programmed that they acted differently when there was a superfluous </tr> tag.

... at present there are browsers out there (e.g. some Firefox) troubled by missing
closing tags. Especially the printing methods seem to be affected.
We have a couple of bad examples regarding gpg4win.org already, so I simply
add any closing tag to avoid further problems.

Best

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de