[Gpg4win-devel] gpg4win 0.5.0 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 6 11:05:47 CET 2006

Hi!

I have prepared a new release of gpg4win.  To build an installer get
the files below from http://wald.intevation.de :

  gpg4win-0.5.0.tar.bz2
  gpg4win-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sig

I also created installers featuring gnupg, gpa, winpt, gpgol, gpgee,
sylpheed and dummy manuals.  They are available at:

  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-0.5.0.exe  (4.8M)
  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-0.5.0.exe.sig

  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-src-0.5.0.exe  (36M)
  ftp://ftp.gpg4win.org/gpg4win/gpg4win-src-0.5.0.exe.sig

Note that it usually does not make sense to download the source
installers (gpgwin-src-*.exe); they are on the ftp server to satisfy
the conditions of the GPL.

Noteworthy changes in version 0.5.0 (2006-01-05)

 * Fixed GPA problems.

 * Sylpheed does now actually work.

 * Changed the packaging of GPGee.

I relaized to late that the German translatuion of GPA is broken (I
included the non-fixed version).  The Sylpheed translation works.

Key generation using GPA does now work.  Sylpheed is now actually
usable; you need to load the plugins pgp plugins the first time you
install it. (Menu: Configuration->Plugins then button "Load Plugins".
You should load the pgpmime and the gpginline plugin; the core plugin
gets loaded then automagically).

We had to rewrite large chunks of glib's I/O Channel code for W32 and
the result is basically working now.  However that code eventually
needs a complete rewrite.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

p.s.  My code signing key expired last week, thus you need to get my
new key (1CE0C630) either by using the URL given in my mail's header
lines or by importing the attached keys.