[Gpg4win-devel] Avoid confusion of new users

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Fri Oct 13 10:35:24 CEST 2006

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> So we need to teach the interested users to help us debugging.
> Regular documentation or more graphic seperation will not help.

Maybe my initial examples were not very good. I meant that
people don't know (or understand) what programs they need and
what each program exactly does and how they work together.

And IMHO we could help people when we would optionally provide
an extra installer wizard sheet for each program on demand, exactly
as Marcus suggested. Which would help to describe the program and
the dependencies.

> We should improve our "report problems" instructions,
> if we can.

I agree, that often the reports on problems, which might even be
caused by false asumptions, are not detailled enough to reproduce them.
And if we could "teach" the user how to create more detailled reports,
we could fix the second part of the examples I gave.

	Timo