[Gpg4win-devel] Avoid confusion of new users

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 09:38:06 CEST 2006

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

>>people don't know (or understand) what programs they need and
>>what each program exactly does and how they work together.
>
> I agree with this assessment, but they should not need to know.

I partly agree. But they need at least to know which components
their need and what they do. So they won't try to use WinPT for
Outlook mail encryption. I don't want to provide information what
kind of ciphers are used, but enough info so the user finds out if
this is what he wants/needed.

> I advise against adding such extra installer pages:
> They prevent the user from completing the task faster
> and the contents will be forgotten anyway.

Maybe we could do it on demand or via an extra help. I'm not
sure if NSIS provides such an extra functionality. Something like
F1 on a selected item will display a help site. I know this is not
perfect and maybe no real solution but IMHO we need to give the
user a little more assistence.

	Timo