[Gpg4win-devel] Minor Edits to Manual

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 10 20:42:39 CEST 2007

Hi Brigitte,

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 19:58, Brigitte H wrote:
> thanks for your comments, everything looks fine, I agree with everything
> you wrote. Do I read your email correctly that you will be making the
> changes on the svn file, or should I still do that?  I was not clear on
> that.

I have already done the changes up to the point I have commented on them.
("committed" is one developers' phrase
for this. It means 'I have commited the change to the repository'.)

>  There was one item I neglected to do, which was the original translation
> of one of the first pages.  It was originally translated as:
>
> "The statements on the next page are not anymore correct. Due to

> > wrong application of the terms of the GFDL, it is legally not possible
> > to fix them. Please add new copyright notices only here."
>
> You pointed out that my translation would slightly change the meaning, and
> after reading the german original I agree with you (as I mentioned in one
> of my emails).  So I have only slightly changed the translation above for
> easier reading as below.  Note that in the last sentence I left 'can' or
> 'should' open, you can decide which one would be more correct in this
> context:
>
> The statements on the next page are no longer correct. However, due to a
> wrong application of the GFDL terms, it is not legally possible to fix
> them.  New copyright notices can (or should) only be added here.

Nice, I will commit this as well with the next batch.

Thanks,
Bernhard
ps.: I took the liberty to directly send my response to the development list
as well.