[Gpg4win-devel] Mulberry becoming Free Software

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 27 11:58:54 CEST 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:51, Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de said:

>> http://trac.mulberrymail.com/mulberry/wiki/opensource
>> indicates that Mulberry will become Free Software.
>
> Linux only

As of now but the Windows version will be released under the MPL too.
There is however the question how long it will take to make it
cross-build from a Unix system

> much better than the co-packed version Sylpheed 2.4.0.

I do not think that abandon Claws (which is the new mail for
Sylpheed-Claws) is a good think.  Claws is really nice mail client, the
only problem is that we have not yet managed to port the IMAP part.
It's about a day of work and we will definitely do it it eventually.

The gpg4win package is already pretty large (well not when compared to
so proprietary stuff) and thus adding more stuff will be a big burden
for many users.  It will also be a maintenace problem.

What could be done is to help the Mulberry developers to smootly
integrate it with gpg4win so that Mulberry can make use of the existing
infrastructure of gpg4win.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner