[Gpg4win-devel] GpgOL: Render crypto status into mail view window?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 12 15:05:36 CET 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:56, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:

> I just realized that at least for encrypted emails you somehow manage
> to add the decrypted text into the view window(s) of outlook.
> Wouldn't it be possible to add some information about the
> crypto status (maybe even in HTML with green/yellow/red boxes like
> in KMail) to have  a nicer visual representation and avoid extra dialog boxes?

I don't think that the HTML rendering can be done using the standard
inspector (the view window).  We have no real control over it.

What could be done is to create new Forms to display meta information
but that will conflict with custom Forms often used in Outlook
environments and I have yet not clue on how to install cusrom forms in a
reliable way.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner