[Gpg4win-devel] Documentation / Manuals

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 19 17:38:34 CET 2007

At Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:31:17 +0100,
"Michael W. Lewis" <michael at lewis.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> OK, I'll begin. I have the "sources" here (downloaded 27.12.). I'll pull them
> again.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for how I should modify/annotate changes? And an
> editor/viewer I could use?

If you have corrections, just make them in the text.  If you need to
make annotations, you can make them in the text in form of comments
starting with % on a separate line.

We can use the "diff" and "wdiff" utility to see exactly what you
changed at a line and word level, so there is no need to keep a
separate list of your changes or mark them.

I use emacs as editor, which is available for Windows as well [1].
But unless you want to take the opportunity to learn a new tool, you
should stick to something that you are comfortable with.  The only
requirement is that it can load and save ASCII text files.  Do not
worry about the line ending characters, which we can easily convert
from one format to another.  It would be good to keep the current line
breaks and if you add extended text, please keep lines under 76
characters long.  But really, don't worry too much about this, as we
have tools to make the necessary adjustments automatically.

Thanks,
Marcus

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html