[Gpg4win-devel] Development of documentation...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 26 10:08:03 CET 2008

Barry,

On Monday 25 February 2008 22:44, Barry Smith wrote:
> ~  My understanding of the German language does not exist
> ~  beyond what I have heard in American sitcoms. Please
> ~  forgive my lack of mastery of the Deutsch language.

no problem at all. :)
We would like to present all material in English.
The reason some is in German only is that we sometimes get contracted
to produce German documents. When we have them there is no reason to not
publish them of course.

> ~  By accident, I found out that there is a manual
> ~  Gpg4win für Durchblicker.  One link to the online
> ~  version referred to this manual as "Gpg4win for
> ~  Advanced".  Babelfish won't translate Durchblicker,
> ~  So I'm not sure whether I should translate this manual
> ~  or not.

"Durchblicker" can be freely translated as "advanced users".

I believe we are in the process of translating the new version 2 manuals
to English. It is just not finished yet.

> ~  I would like to find out more about the "robot" Adele,
> ~  and whether or not I could customize the text that Adele
> ~  uses in the emails to support other (multiple) languages.

Adele was set up in the gnupp project and I believe that we do not have access
to the source code.

> ~  On http://www.gpg4win.org/handbuecher/novices_7.html ,
> ~  I notice that lower in the webpage, the screen grabs
> ~  are in German, and the instructions above and below
> ~  the screen grabs are in English.

Yes, we will redo a few screenshots - once version 2 of Gpg2win is ready.
Otherwise we would need to redo it again.

> ~  Let me know if I can help in converting some German to
> ~  English.  Between Babelfish and my experience in using
> ~  GPG, I should be able to help, at least a little.

Currently I think the developers need to get over the technical problems
with gpg4win-2. The manual will follow after this.
Any help is appreciated once an early version of gpg4win 2 is published.