[Gpg4win-devel] gpg4win installer gets more translations

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 10 21:36:00 CET 2008

Hi,

thanks to the combined forces of IT+46 in Sweden and volunteers in
various countries, we now have translations of the gpg4win installer
in four new languages:

Arabic by Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
Spanish by Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe at gnome.org>
French by Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab at member.fsf.org>
Russian by CJ <cj at neocaching.ru>

To faciliate these new languages, I also added a language selection
dialog to the installer.  The prefered language is written to the
registry and used on subsequent updates, but deleted on de-install.
Only languages that can be displayed in the current code page are
shown in the dialog, so if you are running, for example, the English
version of Windows XP, you will not be offered installation in Arabic
or Russian, but only English, German, French and Spanish.

Special thanks goes to Alberto Escudero-Pascual for coordinating this
effort.

Thanks,
Marcus