[Gpg4win-devel] 99-auto.patch

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 25 14:00:45 CEST 2008

At Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:42:11 +0200,
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> Hi,

Welcome to the team!  We are very excited to have you on board.

> I have a question about 99-auto.patch, or two rather. What's the use
> of this patch, and how should it be generated when updating
> claws-mail?
>
> It seems related to libtool versus dlltool, but I don't figure out the
> process to fix that.

It's related to the smime plugin, because that edits a Makefile.am!

Now that the smime plugin is in CVS, we should be able to go
completely patch-free!  Woot!

To answer your second question: The patch file itself contains
instructions:

$ aclocal -I m4   && libtoolize --force --copy   && autoheader   && automake --add-missing --foreign --copy   && autoconf
$ rm -fR autom4te.cache
$ cd ..
$ diff -rupN claws-{orig,-new}

The first line is something I made up myself: It should be whatever
you use in the project to regenerate the files.  I don't even remember
where I got it from.

Thanks,
Marcus