[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 30 09:37:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:21, colin at colino.net said:

> I'd like to port the Bogofilter plugin, but I didn't manage to build a
> native Bogofilter. Maybe one of you would have more luck, if you have

Server based spam filtering is anyway better ;-).

> The other asked-for feature is spell-checking, but I didn't manage to
> build enchant+aspell. Also, shipping a spell-checker that works out of
> the box means shipping its dictionaries, which is quickly huge.

Spell checking is a feature which is useable for a lot of applications,
thus I think we should not put it into Gpg4win proper but do an own
project for this and have Claws use that external spellchecking system.

> Finally, I've chosen to include all plugins in the gpg4win-light
> version, which made it grow from 8 to 10 MB. I hope this is acceptable?

Sure, no problem.  However there is a problem with downloading the
source from the claws server.  IIRC, that is still sourceforge based and
our download script does not handle this properly.  We should use our
mirror again.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--