[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 30 13:55:59 CEST 2008

At Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:38:18 +0200,
<Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de> wrote:

> from Colin Leroy
> >Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de a écrit:
> >
> >Bonjour,
> >
> >> it would be nice, to find a claws-mail...svn929.exe in this
> >subdir ;-)
> >
> >There's http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929.exe
> >
> >Is that what you meant? :)
>
> no; I meant a package with claws-mail only ;)

A gpg4win light package does not contain much more than claws-mail: It
always installs gnupg2, but that's the only mandatory component.  It
also contains gpa, which is nice if you want to use gpg at all, and
some other packages, but no biggies.

That said, it would not be too hard to make a claws-only installer
from gpg4win.  The main thing one would want to change is the logo and
some installer texts, and of course the default packages list.  We are
not opposed to changes in gpg4win to make this even simpler (ie, to
make gpg4win installer "skinnable"), so if you want to work in that
direction, make a proposal and we can discuss the details.

Still, how important is this to you?  If there is something we can
change in gpg4win to make it more acceptable to you, we would like to
hear about it.  Having claws in a stand alone package and in gpg4win
makes things more difficult for us, because we have to watch out for
conflicts, etc.

Thanks,
Marcus