[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Reinhard.Irmer@skba.de Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de
Tue Sep 30 14:21:20 CEST 2008

from Marcus Brinkmann
> At Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:38:18 +0200,Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de> wrote:
>> from Colin Leroy

>> >subdir ;-)
>>>
>>>There's
>>>http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929.exe
>>>
>>>Is that what you meant? :)
>>
>> no; I meant a package with claws-mail only ;)
>
>A gpg4win light package does not contain much more than claws-mail: It
>always installs gnupg2, but that's the only mandatory component.  It
>also contains gpa, which is nice if you want to use gpg at all, and
>some other packages, but no biggies.

I'm familiar with gpg4win. I use it since version 1.x and it works fine.
But I do not want to change to gnupg2, gpa and so on; the normal gpg like in version 1.1.3 with WinPT is enough for me. The only really prob I ever had, was a special claws-mail problem: the not working nntp-part. I wrote it here in the list, times ago.

>That said, it would not be too hard to make a claws-only installer
>from gpg4win. [...]
>Still, how important is this to you?  If there is something we can
>change in gpg4win to make it more acceptable to you, we would like to
>hear about it.  Having claws in a stand alone package and in gpg4win
>makes things more difficult for us, because we have to watch out for
>conflicts, etc.

I understand your problems. I thought, Colin maintains claws-mail on ist own, and not as in-part of gpg4win.
So I think, I install the svn-Version and delete the gpg parts.

--
regards
Reinhard