[Gpg4win-devel] [Announce] Gpg4win 1.1.4 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 19 18:49:26 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:19, shavital at mac.com said:

> Not being an experienced Windows user, I am afraid I don't fully grasp
> the meaning of the above announcement:
> on the one side it indicates that  "Included components are": GnuPG2
> 2.0.10.
> On the other side indicates under "Current Work" that Gpg4win 2.0 is
> still under work.

We have distributed GnuPG-2 also with the 1.1.3 version of gpg4win.

> Does this mean that if a run the installer 1.1.4, that includes GnuPG2
> 2.0.10, it will, or it will not update my current GnuPG2 1.9.13?

You better don't do that, such a downgrading is not supported.  I don't
know what will happen.  The included GnuPG-2 version is the same in
1.1.4 and 1.9.13.

> I am not interested in running GnuPG 1.4.9 under Windows (I had
> incredible problems during a previous attempt, a long time ago, with 1.1.3).

Actually that was the reason for the update.  1.1.3 came with GnuPG
1.4.7.

> If there is a Gpg4win 2.0.10 installer in the making, I shall wait for
> it, and thank you in advance for your kind attention and patience.

It depends on your needs.  If 1.9.13 works for you: fine, keep on using
that.  The buggy parts in 1.9 are GpgOL and Kleopatra.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner