[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][6195] Wish: Show clear security warning for exported secret key

gpg4win-bugs@wald.intevation.org gpg4win-bugs at wald.intevation.org
Wed Oct 5 09:55:13 CEST 2011

Bugs item #6195, was opened at 2011-10-05 09:55

Initial Comment:
Suggestion of a Gpg4win user:

"I suggest that you put a clear warning in the UI of the export dialog so that users are aware that the exported key is NOT protected by the passphrase. It's only reasonable to assume that the exported key would be protected by the passphrase (If I edit a password-protected Word document and save it as a different file, Word preserves the password). So users should be warned about this counter-intuitive security consideration."