[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 2.2.0: Portable vanilla ignores homedir environment variable

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed Aug 28 00:01:57 CEST 2013

With Werner's help I finally managed to get a portable installation on
my USB stick under Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86_64. First I did a Gpg4win
2.2.0 full installation (without Claws Mail). With this basis I issued
the following commands:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG"
mkportable.exe --vanilla L:\Programme\GNU\GnuPG

where L: is the USB drive.

A side remark: Switches --light and --full failed with error message
that Claws Mail is not installed.

My keys and configuration file is located under L:\home\pvoigt\.gnupg.
When I use

gpg --list-keys

my keys under L:\home\pvoigt\.gnupg are ignored although I am using the
environment variable homedir=L:\home\pvoigt\.gnupg. The portable
version ignores this variable and insists in reading keys and
configuration file from L:\Programme\GNU\GnuPG\home.

Is there any way to convince Gpg4win portable to evaluate homedir
environment variable? I want to keep my keys separate from the program
files. The non-portable version works as expected.

Regards,
Peter