[Gpg4win-devel] How to label "simple" Outlook 2012 support?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 24 09:56:37 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

for a good user experience, we have to make sure we can communicate
the difference of the "simple" Outlook support and the "full" Outlook support.

We need a good attribute like
  "rudimentary"
for both and then use it all the time consistency.

I also believe that we need to describe the differences in the wiki.

For the old timers it is clear:
  GpgOL for 2003-2007 had full MIME support, which is most
  comfortable for users (thus actually the most simple)
  and also recommended by the OpenPGP standards for MIME capable
  mail user agents.

  GpgOL for 2010 (and hopefully 2013 later) cannot use MIME,
  so users will feel drawbacks in the comfort, e.g. with attachements
  and encodings in texts.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner