[Gpg4win-devel] Dirmngr and CRL publishing via HTTPS

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 29 09:30:28 CEST 2013

On Friday 26 July 2013 at 18:20:03, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
> Does anybody know, if CRL publishing via HTTPS is forbidden at all or
> does the above error message point to another issue?

I don't think it will be forbidden, the security gain is little, though,
because CRLs can be public and are cryptographically signed anyway.

Technically probably the dirmngr helper lacked the SSL support.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner