[Gpg4win-devel] Problems with wildcards on the command line?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 21 10:54:48 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:00, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> https://wald.intevation.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=2949

Mixing slashs and backslashs may no be a good idea.  It _might_ be a
problem.

> What could be the cause of this? Is there something we did technically
> different that could have triggered that behaviour?

We switched the compiler and thus the compiler runtime.  In contrast to
Unix, Wildcard expansion under Windows needs to be done by the program
and not by the shell.  The compiler runtime, which is statically linked,
takes care of this.  Someone needs to look at the code - I currently
lack the time to do that.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner