[Gpg4win-devel] Controlling gpg-agent under MS Windows 7

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Mon Mar 24 20:36:09 CET 2014

Damn, I've mixed commands, sorry for creating some confusion.

I'm going to start from the beginning:

I have option "use-standard-socket" under Linux in my
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf. On-demand start using gpg/gpgsm is working
just nice. I am using GnuPG 2.0.22.

What I need:

Fire up gpg-agent under Linux on demand for subsequent use of ssh
client. This should work according to the manpage of gpg-agent with:

# gpg-connect-agent --verbose /bye

which, however, gives following error:
"gpg-connect-agent: can't connect to the agent: IPC "connect" Aufruf
fehlgeschlagen"

Shouldn't gpg-connect-agent read options from ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf?
The very same command is working under Windows - but not under Linux.
What is wrong?

Regards,
Peter

Btw: Killing gpg-agent with:

# gpg-connect-agent --verbose killagent /bye

works fine both under Windows and under Linux. The option
--use-standard-socket is not necessary on the command line, if present
in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf.