[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win without claws

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Aug 19 12:04:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:39:41 +0200
Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:

> I'd like to move forward with the 2.2.6 release, have you seen any
> problems with Claws / Gpg4win integration?

Apart from crashes stemming from library paths collision between
programfiles\GNU\Gpg4win\pub\ and programfiles\GNU\Claws-Mail\pub\ (both
are added to users' PATH by their respective installers), I did not
observe any issue.

The mentioned issue is not new to this beta release, though, so I don't
think it should block your 2.2.6 release.

I'm considering just moving the libraries and executables currently in
\pub\ into main installation dir and avoiding the PATH modification
altogether for Claws Mail.

> Should we wait with the release or just go ahead? I don't think it
> would hurt that much if claws still installs it's own Version of
> GnuPG until the next release.

Go ahead, I agree that there is no harm.

Andrej