[Gpg4win-devel] Self-compiled gpgme can't read output of gpgconf.exe

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Dec 8 10:29:21 CET 2015

Hello,

I recently came upon a problem where libgpgme-11.dll that I compile for
Claws Mail can not find necessary crypto engines. This works when I
replace my libgpgme-11.dll with one from Gpg4win bundle. Both are
compiled from latest gpgme-1.6.0, with compile flags being the same.

I have tracked the issue down to "my" gpgme not being able to read
output of gpgconf.exe on initialization. I see a "broken pipe" error in
gpgme's debug output. I am attaching output from both correct
(gpgme.gpg4win.log) and incorrect (gpgme.cm.log) run.

I am at a loss at what is causing this. If it matters, I am using
Mingw-w64 version 4.0.4-1 from Debian Stretch. Compiler used is
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc (GCC) 4.9.3.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Andrej