[Gpg4win-devel] Windows Installer, rebuild necessary because of NSIS improvement?

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Sun Dec 27 20:58:13 CET 2015

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 December 2015 10:42:02 Andrej Kacian wrote:
> Just a heads up - we have recently made a new Claws Mail release, with
> Windows installer built with nsis_2.46-99intevation1_amd64.deb (and
> corresponding nsis-common package) and got a bug report about installer
> not working properly on at least one Vista machine. After rebuilding
> the same installer code with official Debian nsis packages, the
> installation works just fine. Perhaps the fix is not entirely correct.

From looking at the report I take it that the installer fails to add shortcuts
if it is built with the patched packages from us. Weird. This code was not
touched at all, if this is true it must be a pretty wild side effect. Debian
has updated NSIS with patches in NSIS upstream in the meantime. We'll test /
try using that for our next release. I'll also test if there is a problem
with shortcuts with our installer. I really can't see how my patches could
cause that though 8-)

Happy Holidays,
Andre
--