[Gpg4win-devel] GpgOL Test version with MIME Read support (OL >2010) (and a note about the release plan)

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Oct 16 14:13:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

As you might have seen on the Roadmap [1] we are planning to release a new
stable version of Gpg4win with a GpgOL plugin that can read MIME messages
(Both OpenPGP and S/MIME). Outlook 2016 is also supported now.

From the user interface side this version still only offers the old (Non-MIME)
options for encryption and just automatically decrypts / verifies MIME (and
clearsigned) messages.

While GpgOL can currently be built with support for sending MIME messages and
it basically works we have some known problems there and want to have a longer
Beta / Testing phase and do some additional UI work before releasing this.

So the idea is that we release a stable version that can read MIME soon and
afterwards give experimental users the opportunity to try out MIME sending
(Likely as part of a Gpg4win 3.0 beta version). Ensuring that users of the
experimental version can communicate with users of the stable version.

We will make our internal Testing versions available to the public. If you are
willing to try it out and give feedback please do so! But you have to take it
with a grain of salt we won't guarantee anything and they are uploaded before
any QA.

See:

https://wiki.gnupg.org/GpgOL/Development/Testversions

I'm especially interested in any crashes you encounter that cause Outlook to
disable GpgOL. (We really need to get rid of those :-) )

Regards,
Andre

1: https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Roadmap
--