[Gpg4win-devel] Updated Gpg4win 3.0 Beta Version

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Aug 16 12:07:01 CEST 2016

Hi Marco,

On Tuesday 16 August 2016 09:04:05 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I have just tested it.

Thanks, what do you think of the new file handling behavior in Kleopatra. Both
decrypt / verify and sign / encrypt files are changed now.

Decrypt / verify automatically detects the input and immediately starts to
work (allowing you to select the output folder while the decrypt / verify is
in progress).

Sign / Encrypt has also been changed to just one dialog where you set up
recipients and signeds.

> When I attempt to download certificates from the key servers it says
> that no key servers are set, and I have to add them manually from the
> suggestions.

Yes, same behavior as with 2.x we want to add a default configuration to gnupg
that will fix this.

> I looked for my public keys in the server:
> "marcoagpinto"
> and it said both were valid although the first one has expired months
> ago... only if I import it, it appears in red.

Yes the list from the keyserver does not take validity into account. I'll fix
this.

> It was a clean install and I didn't have a private key and I downloaded
> both my public keys and when I pressed the button to export them,
> Kleopatra crashed.

As discussed in IRC (#gpg4win on freenode)I can't reproduce this :-( Tried
with the same setup and the steps as described. In IRC Marco also said he
couldn't reproduce it a second time.

So we have to keep an eye out for this.

> Does this help?

Yes,