[Gpg4win-devel] roadmap update

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 13 09:07:52 CET 2016

On Tuesday 12 January 2016 at 18:38:25, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2016 13:48:47 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > We probably should do a 2.3.1 soon
> > to improve a few security aspects.

Rather sooner than later, I think so we should not pick too much.

> > I've updated the http://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Roadmap accordingly.
> >
> > Andre: Would it make sense to put any other stability feature
> > in this release? How mich effort would be adding 64bit?
>
> I think it would be a bit premature to add GgpOL with MIME sending support
> (2.0) into a new 2.x release series as we want to do this in 3.0

I agree.

> I have not maintained a 1.3.x branch with fixes though. But I should be
> able to backport / cherry pick useful fixes for MIME reading and do another
> 1.3.x release of GpgOL. x64 GpgOL Support should also be fairly simple to
> backport, both in GpgOL and in the installer.

Everything that is fairly simple and stable would be good.
It gives users an incentive to upgrade and brings functionality
to them in a stable way, because 3.0 is still a bit away.

#2135 may be already too big.
And the possible corruption should be investigated, yes!

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner