[Gpg4win-devel] Norwegian localization

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jul 4 15:27:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sunday 26 June 2016 21:13:57 Asbjørn Stokka wrote:
> I’ve tried following instructions to make a norwegian (bokmål) translation
> attached here. I can do the “nynorsk” one later as well. But would be good
> to know if I’ve gotten the right file and made the translation correct.

I've now added your translation to Gpg4win [1]. The only change I had to make
was to change the double qoutes (") to single quotes (') in your usage of
"Claws-Mail" as this confused our build system and I didn't know how to escape
the double quotes properly :-)

You've also made one error by translating a variable name which is replaced
during build and if you change the variable name the replacement will not
work:

msgid "This is Gpg4win version ${VERSION}"
msgstr "Dette er Gpg4win versjon ${versjon}"

correct would have been:
msgstr "Dette er Gpg4win versjon ${VERSION}"

But you only did this once the other variables you've left unchanged, which is
correct.

> Also
> unsure about filename (no) when there is Norwegian “nynorsk” and “bokmål”.

I've looked it up now. no.po is apprently the correct one for Norwegian Bokmål
as NSIS treats Bokmål as the primary Norwegian language. Nynorsk is a
sublanguage the filename for Nynorsk would be nn.po. Both use CP-1252 as
encoding.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the Nynorsk translation. :-)

Regards,
Andre

1: http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpg4win.git;a=commit;h=f0496ae849e3dc7c82965ba671fdd00f1f29fd9b

--