[Gpg4win-devel] Updated Gpg4win 3.0 Beta Version

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Jul 22 18:18:46 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've finally uploaded a new Beta (177) version. See:

 https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Testversions

I didn't finish the new Sign/Encrypt files dialog I was working on for this beta
[1] but the Version already contains some goodies that you can help to test.
And as I'm on vacation next week I decided to upload a new Beta now instead of
waiting. I'll probably upload another one in two weeks.

Biggest changes (apart from updates to gnupg etc.):
*  We now finally have file extension support. This means that if you double
click a .gpg / .asc / .pgp / .sig etc. file in Windows Explorer Kleopatra
should pop up and Automatically do what's required.

E.g. for a Certificate in a .gpg File it would import it. For an Encrypted /
Signed file it would decrypt verify it.

Please let us know if the detection fails or if you have issues with the
new way how decrypt / verify is done. (You can switch back to the old way
in crypto operation settings)

* Kleopatra no longer has does initialisation while showing a splashscreen but
does initialisation in the background. This should greatly improve the time
required until Kleopatras dialogs pop up but has some regression risk as it
required internal changes.

* Some other stuff like, you can now print your secret key from kleopatra in a
paper friendly (paperkey) format, you can encrypt a folder now and lots of
bugfixes.

Regards,
Andre

1: https://phabricator.kde.org/T2348

P.S.
Yes the Slideshow during installation is very ugly currently. Our people that
make things look nice are on vacation ;-)

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/