[Gpg4win-devel] Kleopatra devel

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Dec 11 08:17:46 CET 2018

Hi,

On Monday, December 10, 2018 4:29:03 PM CET Luc Lalonde wrote:
> I tried to chat on the #gpg4win channel without success...  I get an
> error:  cannot send to nick/channel.
>
> It's been ages since I used IRC... So I hope that you'll excuse my
> ignorance.

No problem, It was probably just that I wasn't anymore around. I should have
clarified that I'm mostly only there during German office hours.

I'm also available as "aheinecke at jabber.gnupg.org" over federated jabber if
you prefer that.

> What are the steps for a build setup on Linux or Windows...  Is this
> documented somewhere?

We only support a build setup on Linux for Windows and document test that only
for debian stable (which is currently debian stretch).

First fetch the source of our buildscripts:

git clone git://git.gnupg.org/gpg4win.git

The build is then documented in the README in that directory:

https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gpg4win/browse/master/README

I personally develop Kleopatra mostly for Linux and only afterwards check that
my new developments also work for windows.

There is some more documentation about developing Kleopatra here:

https://wiki.gnupg.org/DevelopingKleopatra

For Linux development there is documentation here:

https://wiki.gnupg.org/BuildingFromGIT/Kleopatra

Please take all documentation with a grain of salt it tends to become outdated
until a new person tries it out and updates it. :-)

Best Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/