[Gpg4win-devel] GnuPG with internal CCID driver

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 25 12:26:41 CEST 2018

Hi!

I cc Gniibe because he is the maintainer of scdaemon and does all card
stuff these days.  Even that you write about Windows, this is not
specific for Gpg4win because Gpg4win uses the standard GnuPG build for
Windows under the hood.  So gnupg-devel would be more appropriate - but
this list is also okay as long as we keep Gniibe in the loop.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 21:21, jiri.kerestes at trustica.cz said:

> I'm trying to improve Windows support for our USB token [1]. The default
> way for accessing smart card readers under Windows is winscard.dll PC/SC
> interface, which works well for readers/tokens without pinpad. However,
> the Windows inbox CCID driver (wudfusbcciddriver.dll) does not support
> pinpad operations, so we need to use GnuPG internal CCID driver with WinUSB.

Okay.  I recall that I did some test with Windows USB support but that
was mainly for everse engineering tasks.  IIRC, there was no stable
support for using usb for Windows back in those days.

> I've done some hackery and I have a working w32 GnuPG build with libusb
> support. I'm not very familiar with Gpg4win development history, so
> before I dive into autotools to do this properly: is there any reason
> why Gpg4Win shouldn't be shipped with libusb and internal CCID driver?

Can you give some more background on this libusb?  I would be interested
to support it also on Windows.

> [1]: https://trustica.cz/blog/

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #