[Gpg4win-devel] How to best explain what Gpg(OL)4win does

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 20 09:07:45 CEST 2019

Am Donnerstag 09 Mai 2019 22:45:59 schrieb Ángel:
> I agree with Andrej that it should be a dialog,

FWIW: The suggestions of Andrej and Ángel seem good. (Thanks!)

> As a rough draft:

> Note: I am placing the actual email address on purpose, expecting it to
> show the email address listed on the From: header, not any misleading
> contents of the Real Name part.

Even cooler would be to also show the envelope or the received lines,
but this maybe a problem in outlook. So it is an extended idea:
Give even more information to explain emails and how to spot spoofed emails
via the envelope and received headers.

> I would also recommend the more information page to be a page about this
> specific question, rather than a general infographic about PGP.

The wiki could have a landing point for a while. People could inform themselfs
about OpenPGP/MIME and more.

Best Regards,