[Gpg4win-devel] GUI does not start

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 27 18:07:56 CEST 2021

Hello Michael,

Am Dienstag 27 Juli 2021 15:33:18 schrieb Jaeniche Michael:
> We have problems starting the software (GUI / Kleopatra does not start) and
> get the following error message:
>
> [cid:image001.png at 01D77FC9.73C17010]

this is a typical problem if some security software block local ports.
(The Gpg4win components use local TCP ports for process communication.)

If this does not solve the problem, please also give the version number
you are using. And what happens if you try to start Kleopatra on the command
line.

Two hints:
 * https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting
   has hints that could help sometimes.
 * If you want to write in German there is a users mailinglist and a forum
   for people speaking German.

Best Regards,