[Gpg4win-devel] docker build for CI

Doug Richardson doug at rekt.email
Fri Jun 11 19:26:01 CEST 2021

> On Friday, February 19th, 2021 at 9:05 AM, Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de wrote:
>
> > Are you willing to maintain this build setup for a while?
>
> Yes.

After having this up for almost 4 months, this GitHub action based CI is mostly unusable because the build is so unreliable. There is a single reason for this: packages fail to download reliably.

Initially, I created another git repo (https://github.com/drichardson/gpg4win-packages) with all the packages so the CI system could reliably get the packages (instead of failing if a single one of the many endpoints were down). However, this approach conflicted with an old package version check inside one of the configure/automake scripts which errors out if an old version is detected.

So, I'll leave the project up if anyone is interested, but an upstream solution to make the build more reliable is needed for this (and any other) CI system.

I'll leave what I have up on github in case anyone is interested