[Gpg4win-devel] gpg4win 3.1.16 / gpg 2.2.28 stopped working with Yubikey 4 (NEO)

Jan Mosig jan.mosig at posteo.de
Wed Jun 16 22:43:32 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

it seems like there is something wrong with the latest gpg4win (or gpg)
release wrt. Yubikey support. I just installed it on a new Windows 10
machine and could not get gpg --card-status to work (No such device). I
then downgraded to gpg4win 3.1.15 and everything worked like a charm.
You may also want to have a look at reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yubikey/comments/n4n96r/fix_gpg_to_recognize_your_yubikey_again_after

Setting "disable-ccid" in scdaemon.conf did not help at all on my
machine. I have attached the scdaemon log file which is generated, when
running gpg --card-status. Sry for some german parts in there.
"Kartenfehler" means card error :)

Any thoughts?

Best regards

--
Dipl.-Inf. Jan Mosig (jan.mosig at posteo.de <mailto:jan.mosig at posteo.de>)
*OpenPGP-Fingerprint:* 76EE 007A A847 7D08 537A 55EF EAFA 5E67 09F3 1765