[Gpg4win-devel] Directly talking to scdaemon

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 17 23:01:23 CET 2021

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 19:54, Jan Mosig said:

> I tried to connect via TCP to the port it listens on. The connect
> attempt succeeds but I do not get any response from the daemon if I send

We use an emulation of Local Socket using TCP and a magic cookie.  Thus
you need to use Libassuan to connect directly.  Or you use GPGME which
can directly talk via such sockets in a portable way 9 Checkout GPA to
see how to do this).

In most cases it is better to use one of the provided tools.  For
example

  gpg-connect-agent

and then use commands like

  SCD SERIALNO

there is a little script language build into gpg-connect-agent and
several commands to work via our IPC.  Use /help.

Or you wait for GnuPG 2.3 (A beta is out) or gpg4win 4; there we feature
gpg-card which is a versatile tools to do stuff with cards.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner