[Gpg4win-devel] How to read help output?

Mosig, Jan jan.mosig at itemis.de
Tue Oct 4 08:52:28 CEST 2022

Thanks for the hint, Ingo. I am already listening on all three of the the
"return channels" but the help reply is not posted on any of them. I
connect to scd via assuan_socket_connect. I also tried reading the socket
file directly but to no avail.

Am Sa., 24. Sept. 2022 um 15:17 Uhr schrieb Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org>:

> On Freitag, 23. September 2022 14:03:01 CEST Jan Mosig (itemis AG) wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a Java based program here that is able to send commands to
> > scdaemon. Things are working ok but when I send "help", there is no
> > error (so the server understood the command) but also no output
> whatsoever.
> >
> >  From the sources I figured that the help command uses assuan_write_line
> > to write things.
> >
> > Question is: How to read these lines? I tried using assuan_read_line but
> > to no avail.
> >
> > Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> I think you want to use assuan_transact with appropriate call backs for
> reading the responses instead of assuan_write_line. Have a look at
> libassuan's
> pipeconnect test and at the documentation of assuan_transact.
>
> scdaemon replies either on the status channel or on the data channel.
> assuan_read_line reads from the control channel which probably only makes
> sense for Assuan servers, but not for Assuan clients.
>
> Use gpg-connect-agent to try out what scdaemon replies. I'm not sure
> whether
> you can talk directly to scdaemon using this tool, but you can always talk
> scdaemon via gpg-agent (which is the default agent the tool connects to).
> Simply prepend each command you send to gpg-agent with "SCD " to make it
> forward the request to scdaemon.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dipl.-Inf. Jan Mosig
Principal Engineer

*OpenPGP-Fingerprint:* 6AA5 1DE4 2448 71E8 6C62  3672 37F0 7809 07AB EF78
<https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/6AA51DE4244871E86C62367237F0780907ABEF78>
*Mobil: *+49 151 173967 26
*Telefon: *+49 341 231018 329
*Fax: *+49 341 231018 311

jan.mosig at itemis.de
www.xing.com/profile/jan_mosig
www.itemis.com

*itemis AG*
Niederlassung Leipzig
Dohnanyistraße 11
04103 Leipzig

--
Vorstand/Board: Jens Wagener (Vors./chairman), Dr. Stephan Eberle, Wolfgang
Neuhaus, Franz-Josef Schuermann