[Gpg4win-users-de] Release planning (2.0.0rc1 and 2.0.0)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Di Jun 23 18:13:59 CEST 2009

Dear friends of the Gpg4win package,

here a bit of news from the development kitchen:
We are very close to release Gpg4win 2.0.0, our testing revealed a few
significant defects late in the game, so our current planning is
to have a 2.0.0rc1 in the next three days, ideally this evening.
We will show the 2.0.0rc1 at http://www.linuxtag.org/ in Berlin, btw.

Known issues with 2.0.0rc1 that we intend to fix for 2.0.0 within the next
three weeks, so it is likely to expect it to be released in week 28 or 29.
* Stability on Vista (and probably W2K).
* OpenPGP keys can directly be downloaded and imported.
* Nicer, more consolidated Crypto-Result dialogs.
(optional): Smartcard-Detection display

Best,