[Gpg4win-users-en] [FWD: gpg4win and Vista Beta 2]

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 1 15:13:52 CEST 2006

Hi Nate,

Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 00:23 schrieb Nate Andrews:
> with gpg4win though.  I will post something on their board.

Gpg4win includes GPA, so I am not quite sure what you are saying.
If GPA from the Gpg4win package worked, it would be fine.

> <DIV>I am running Vista Beta 2.  I was able to install gpg4win
> successfully.

Cool, thanks for the report!

> However when I try to create my first key pair I
> get a general error.  I am able to run the gpg.exe file successfully.

This is also a good sign.
You can do many crypto operations directly with gpg.exe.
This is good to know when the frontends have difficulties with an operation.
gpg.exe --gen-key
should create a keypar for instance.

> I tried to uninstall and reinstall.  I read
> over the documentation and mailing lists.  Any plans on converting
> to Vista?

In principle nobody would mind having a version for Vista,
it depends on who is able to do it.

Gpg4win 1.0's target was Windows XP. This goal was reached.
It has been a project from the German Federal Agency of IT-Security (BSI)
(http://www.bsi.de/presse/pressinf/020506emailwindows.htm German pressrelease,
English introduction to BSI: http://www.bsi.de/english/index.htm )
They deserve the praise for it.

Other goals will also depend on some individuals or organsations helping
in one way or the other. As an individual
you can help with testing, coding and even a small financial tip.

Best,