[Gpg4win-users-en] New user, some comments and quesitons/issues

Jeffrey Kaplan gordol at gordol.org
Mon Dec 11 16:43:01 CET 2006

Hello, Werner Koch.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:37:57 +0100 you said:

> > 1: gpg4win should be able to import PGP generated keys at install or
> > first use.  I tried, it wouldn't let me.  I had to generate a new key
>
> Old versions of PGP used the IDEA algorithms to protect keys. You need
> to export the secret keys them and make sure that they are exported
> using another algorithm than IDEA.  IDEA is an optional algorithm in
> OpenPGP and deprecated because it is patented and we are not allowed
> to use it.

PGP isn't installed.  And since I was able to import my keys
post-install of gpg4win (with WinPT), I'm not going to worry too much
about it.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"Everything out there has only one purpose: to distract us from
ourselves.  From what is truly important.  There are no distractions in
here.  You can learn much from silence."  (G'Kar, B5 "Messages From
Earth")