[Gpg4win-users-en] New user, some comments and quesitons/issues

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 11 16:50:22 CET 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:32, sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se said:

> Thx, that's good to know. Maybe this is why I can't import a friends's
> pgp-key. On thinking a bit more, he's been using PGP like forever, and it's

No.  The public key of your friend is not protected - it is public.
Thus you can should be able to import it.

A common problem with some old keys is that they miss a so-called
self-signature.  GnuPG won't import such a key unless the option

 --allow-non-selfsigned-uid

    Allow the import and use of keys with user IDs which are not
    self-signed. This is not recommended, as a non self-signed user ID
    is trivial to forge. @option{--no-allow-non-selfsigned-uid}
    disables.

has been given or put into gpg.conf

Shalom-Salam,