[Gpg4win-users-en] Thunderbird in gpg4win?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 20 16:44:47 CEST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 21:13, gpg4win at gmail.com wrote:
> I uploaded a torrent of the main package. It's just the .exe file
> without anything added.

Thanks. We need to take a look at it. :)

> Do you want a torrent of the light version also? Or should I continue to
> make releases of the main package only?

I think we should start with that "regular" version.

> If the maintainers of the gpg4win package email me when a new release is
> ready, I'll make the torrent quickly and start seeding.

You are in the announce-list, right?
This would be the best place to be sure not the miss the announcement.

> I have realized that making a torrent with thunderbird, enigmail, and
> all translations would be too much work. There are over 15 translations,
> and it would take too much of my time to monitor all changes in all
> languages, and make torrents when updates are made.
> But, I could possibly make thunderbird+enigmail+gpg4win torrents for
> just a few languages... If there is any interest.

I am in no position to judge the interest, so we need to wait for
lost of usser feedback.

> But I really think a better solution would be if you added links on the
> web site to the Thunderbird and enigmail websites. I believe that would
> help many users searching for multi-OS quality open source solutions.

Just need to be discussed within the gpg4win active developers if we have
the resources to maintain a link-list for other Free Software solutions
about encryption on the windows platform.

Thanks,