[Gpg4win-users-en] Bugs?

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Mon Oct 29 16:05:18 CET 2007

Werner Koch wrote

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:36, bob.henson at galen.org.uk said:
>
>> Are these known problems? I'm not keen on using any of these programs as
>> things stand - I suspect they might damage the keyring.
>
> No. I have not heard of tehse problems.
>
> Check that there is no second instance of gpg running.
>
> Is your %PATH% too long?  Does Enigmail take up the right gpg? (check
> what version is in PATH by using "gpg --version --version")
>
> Run GPA from the commandline using
>
>   set GPGME_DEBUG=9;c:\somewhere\gpgme.log
>   gpa
>
> The log file give very detailed information on the communication between
> gpg and gpgme (the library used by GPA).

As I thought might happen, something in GPG4Win corrupted the public
keyring (I'm not sure which program), and it's taken me some time to
rebuild it from backups. I uninstalled everything and started again from
scratch, but I'll give GPG4win another go - maybe after version 2. I'm
quite happy with Thunderbird and GnuPG/Enigmail (which has no problems
at all) it's just that my partner has to use Office/Outlook and I was
trying it out first on my system. Maybe it works better on a system with
no other instances of GPG  installed.

Anyway, I'll try your suggestions if I have further problems when I
re-install it.

TTFN,

Bob