[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg crashes under outlook 2007

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 4 11:16:11 CEST 2007

Hi Anil,

On Monday 03 September 2007 17:56, Anil Kulkarni wrote:
> If I try to sign or encrypt a message by going under add-ins in outlook
> 2007, outlook crashes due to gpgol.dll

which version of gpg4win precisely?

> Unhandled exception at 0x65c99ddd in OUTLOOK.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access
> violation reading location 0x00000000.
>

> In the stack, it crashes at this instruction:
>
> 65C99DDD  push        dword ptr [eax]
>
> The value of the data being pushed is 1707711965
>

> I am running Vista Ultimate x86 on a Lenovo X61 thinkpad.
>
> If I can be of any assistance in fixing this bug, please let me know.

First: thanks for the report! This is already helpful for developers.
Best is to see if developers are on this issue already,
there are a few useful hint how to further report this on
http://www.gpg4win.de/reporting-bugs.html

Two more hints:
a) best is not send HTML emails, some developers will ignore them
b) If you want to help debugging the gpg4win-devel list might
   be a good place to ask the deep technical questions.