[Gpg4win-users-en] [Gpg4win-devel] article about Gpg4win in toolsmith

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 9 19:11:01 CET 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008 08:29, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri,  4 Jan 2008 23:16, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:
> > I was mad aware that there occured a article about Gpg4win at toolsmith.
> >http://holisticinfosec.org/toolsmith/docs/january2008.pdf

> Any new suggestion on what we can do to tell people not to use
> pgp.mit.edu?  We tried for years to tell that this keysever is horrible
> broken and the cause of many interop problems.

Tell more people. :)
I think a start is to write a friendly letter to the author of the article,
he is obviously a multiplier and likes GnuPG.
Point out some of the long standing issues,
like the keyserver or the wrong claim that pgp was sometimes free.

(Reference for the pgp license:
[Announce] GnuPG's 10th birthday
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2007q4/000268.html )

On Monday 07 January 2008 13:39, Werner Koch wrote:
> Only the SKS server net works properly.  Here is the default selection
> list from GPA:
>
>       add_server (&serverlist, "hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de");
>       add_server (&serverlist, "hkp://blackhole.pca.dfn.de");

[more entries deleted]

Bernhard
ps.: This is why I have deliberately included gpg2win-users@, please only
respond to one of the list.