[Gpg4win-users-en] URL's cause Outlook to hang

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Tue Aug 18 13:10:32 CEST 2009

On 18.08.2009 09:56, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:45, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > You could either completley deinstall Gpg4win or disable the plugin in
> > Outlook. Should be in  Tools > Options... -> Other  ->  Advanced Options
> > or so in Outlook 2003. (I cannot check while writing this email.)
>
> Then click on the button "Add-in-Manager" (That name is a guess, because
> I am using a German version).  In the list of Add-ins uncheck the one
> named "GpgOL".

I've reproduce the problem (with WinXPSP3+OL2003SP3+Gpg4win2.0.0):
Click on a link in an email (crypto or plain) -> outlook hangs for ca. 50sec.

After deactivating GpgOL (instruction see above):
Browser opens directly after clicking on a link.

Maybe it is related to
https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1104 (GpgOL slow to open attachments)?

I'll create a new issue for this url problem.

Regards
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-33 50 83 - 746  |  http://www.intevation.de/