[Gpg4win-users-en] More information

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 24 09:25:48 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:38, shavital at mac.com said:

> when trying to check the trustb, under Windows XP Pro SP3, I get the
> following message.
> ----------
> gpg: subpacket of type 20 has critical bit set

That is notation data which is marked critical.  We ignore this
signature becuase we don't know this particualr notaion data and thus
need to honor the critical bit.

> gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug
> (../../gnupg2-2.0.10-svn4880/g10/pkglue.c:17
> 1:pk_verify)

Might be a follow-up error.  I'll try to replicate it.

> When I launch GPA, it displays the message "GnuPG is rebuilding the
> trust data base. This might take a few seconds". The message quits after
> a few seconds, but GPA does not display the keyrings.

Quite possible, I need to test that as well.

All these problems are platform independent; that is you should see them
also on OS X.  If not, it might be due to problems copying trustdb from
one machine to the other (the FTP thing: binary vs. ascii mode).

Actually, there is no need to copy trustdb, the canonical way is to use

  box-a$ gpg--export-ownertrust >ownertrust.list
  box-a$ scp ownertrust.list box-b:

  box-b$ cd .gnupg
  box-b$ rm trustdb.gpg
  box-b$ gpg --import-ownertrust <~/ownertrust.list

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner