[Gpg4win-users-en] gpa.exe has encountered an error...

seldom at hushmail.com seldom at hushmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:46:05 CEST 2009

This is my first time to post to a mailing list so I apologize if I
screwed it up somehow or posted to the wrong list.

I'm using Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 and Gpg4win 2.0.0 RC1.

Whenever I generate a key with GPA I get an error saying "gpa.exe
has encountered an error and needs to close..." When I restart GPA
the key I was in the middle of creating is there and seems to be ok.

I was trying to work through the GPG for Novices manual but Adele's
replies are all in German which I don't understand. So for practice
I logged into my Windows XP admin account and created a GPG key &
email account for it. I then logged into the limited user account I
normally use and created another key and email account for it (I
got the gpa.exe error message during the creation of both keys). I
exchanged public keys between the two accounts & then tried
exchanging messages between them.
When I sent a meessage from the admin to the user account
everything worked fine, decryption went of without a hitch but
whenever I send a message from the limited user account to the
admin account I again get the "gpa.exe has encountered a problem
and needs to close..." error when the admin account tries to
decrypt the message.

When this error occurs I also get a pop-up about sending an error
report to Microsoft. When it sends this report there's also a txt
file that that is created in a Windows temp folder. I copied &
saved that file before I let Windows send the error report to
Microsoft, it's quite a big file but I'll be glad to post it if
it'll help.

thanks in advance.

regards,
seldom

--
Save on a  home Heating and Cooling System. Click Now!
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/BLSrjkqbxqsgvQ2nESMuTKzKe092LcCXv2WAUoqNt991MtiUAcMxqoiFR88/