[Gpg4win-users-en] Is gpg4win dropping winpt?

Privateofcourse sub.gpg4win at privateofcourse.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 22:08:29 CEST 2009

Hello Barry,

This is what you said on Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:20:13 -0400 your time:

> I heard yesterday from a WinPT support person that gpg4win is dropping
> WinPT.

That would be totally disastrous!

> WinPT is a far superior and a much more powerful and a much cleaner
> looking application than any other windows front-end for gpg.

Totally agree. There isn't really a decent choice of front ends available
for Windows, and WinPT, although in desperate need of further development,
is about the only decent way left of managing GPG via a GUI.

> I understand that gpa is a logical inclusion for gpg4win...

Don't like it, and don't use it.

> Yet dropping WinPT is just ridiculous without some major compatibility
> issue.

Well I'd like to here more on this as well. GPGee never seems to work for
very long before it stops doing anything so that leaves me with WinPT only.
I'd love to see a really up-to-date front end for GPG windows users, but gpa
isn't it IMO.

--
Simon (Privateofcourse)
#922. Hew In Go Dowers? ¶